- Cross border livestock markets along Ethiopia-Kenya-Uganda border
- Not Specified
+ The original author did not specify a license.
The data displays the spatial distribution of livestock markets per type (open bush, primary and secondary) along Ethiopia-Kenya-Uganda border.
The mapping project conducted in 2016 was in support of the World Bank funded project- Regional Pastoral Livelihood Resilience Project (RPLRP) cross border areas.
The project report is titled "Geo database Development and mapping of livestock markets and trade routes in RPLRP cross border areas along Ethiopia-Kenya-Uganda border, 2...
- Publication Date
- March 6, 2017, 9:28 p.m.
- Vector Data
- Crossborder , features , IGAD , Livestock trade , market_distribution , RPLRP
- economic activities, conditions and employment. Examples: production, labour, revenue, commerce, industry, tourism and ecotourism, forestry, fisheries, commercial or subsistence hunting, exploration and exploitation of resources such as minerals, oil and gas
- Global , Africa , Central Africa , East Africa , Ethiopia , Kenya , Somalia , Uganda , North Africa , South Sudan , Sudan , Asia , East Asia , South Asia , Pacific , Kiribati
- Cluster 1 Karamoja
- Maintenance Frequency
- Data Is Updated As Deemed Necessary
It can be used to inform the distribution of cross border markets and livestock trade linkages in the cross border areas.
- Data Quality
- The location data is based on field data collection using GPS essential mobile application dated 2016 and secondary data from stakeholders from the respective countries. The data has been validated by Uganda Kenya and Ethiopia. Projection: GC WGS 84
- Supplemental Information
For queries, kindly contact:
Eva Nyaga, GIS/ Remote sensing Expert at ICPALD.
- Spatial Representation Type
- vector data is used to represent geographic data